ROUTE DIRECTIONS FOR THE LOCAL AREA
TRAVELLING SOUTH-WEST FROM THE LONDON AREA
The distance from Westminster Bridge, London SW1, to Home Farm, Hawkley travelling via the A3 road is 55 miles; taking 1 hour 40 minutes by car.
1. Find your way onto the A3 Portsmouth road. Continue to the Ham Barn roundabout (which is not signed) between West Liss and Greatham.
2. The 1st exit south onto the B3006 road signed 'Liss' and continue for 0.6ml. Turn right into Hawkley road immediately after the 'Spread Eagle' pub. Continue for 2.2ml,
3. turn right towards 'Emspshott' into Mill Lane (which is not signed). Continue for 0.5ml bearing left at the Y-fork. Turn right onto the concrete driveway at the small wooden sign 'Home Farm',
4. continue for 0.24ml (425yd) into the yard and park next to the workshop on the right, or turn right just before Home Farm House and continue up to the Woodshed,
5. the 3rd exit northwards onto the B3006 road signed 'Greatham'. Continue on the B3006 for 2.1ml (bypassing Greatham villiage). Turn left immediately after the white-painted house into Mill Lane, signed 'Empshott and Hawkley'.
6. Continue for 0.9ml to the river Rother (the bridge has white-painted wooden railings). Continue for 0.13 ml (230yd) and turn left at the small wooden sign 'Home Farm' and finish as per paragraph 4.
TRAVELLING NORTH ON THE A3 TOWARDS LISS
7. At the Ham Barn roundabout between West Liss and Greatham, take either the 3rd exit (south) and continue as per paragraphs 2, 3 and 4, or take the 1st exit (north) and continue as per paragraphs 5 and 6.
TRAVELLING SOUTH WEST from SELBORNE starting at the village centre 'Selborne Stores'
8. Take the B3006 road towards Greatham. Continue for 1.5ml. Turn right into Mill Lane, signed 'Empshott and Hawkley' continue as per paragraph 6.
Mobile telephone reception can fade badly in low-lying or heavily wooded areas. If you need to call us, you can regain the signal by moving to higher, open ground.